Mark Your Calendars!May 2nd, 2012 by Phil Johnson
The deadline for submitting your next round of SoundExchange data to NPR Digital Services - for Q2, April 1 through June 30 - has been set: Friday July 6, 2012!
Of course, the fact that we’re now accepting data for Q2 means that we finished and submitted the Q1 2012 reports to SoundExchange – which we did last week. It was another great showing by you fine folks. Here are the raw numbers:
- Licensees reporting: 319
- Content channels covered: 517
- Total Aggregate Tuning Hours (ATH)* devoted to music streaming reported: 17.3 million (13.9 million when adjusted to a monthly average)
- Total sound recordings reported: 868k (and then some)
- Total performances reported**: 223 million (give or take)
* One ATH = One hour of content streamed to one listener
** One performance = The streaming of one recording to one listener
That right there is some serious amount of reporting data.
Thanks, as always, to everyone who made a serious effort to meet their reporting obligations. Remember, you’re not doing it for our benefit; you’re doing it because it’s your legal responsibility. If you stream music, you must report or risk being in violation of federal copyright laws.
But you already knew that – right? Of course you did.
Anyway, keep up the good work and get that Q2 data to us ASAP.